From: "Danny Angus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 3:21 AM
Subject: [PROPOSAL] James Java version requirements

> Hi all,
>
> We want to support the real world users of James, even if you have never
> posted here this is a chance to ensure you get what you need.
>
> We're currently discussing the pros and cons of making Java 1.4+ a
> requirement for a proposed future version of James.
>
> Please take some time to consider how this would affect you and let us
know
> (by replying to this thread) if this would cause you problems.
> If you *want* us to make use of the new features in 1.4 say nothing, we
> already have a load of reasons why we should.
>
> We anticipate that there will be few, if any, users who would really have
> trouble with this, but we are aware that large organisations with
> installations constrained by support contracts may not be able to upgrade
> so easily.
>
> If you fall into this category speak now or suffer the consequences!
>
> d.

> The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the
addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for
delivery of the message to the intended recipient) please notify us
immediately on 0141 306 2050 and delete the message from your computer. You
may not copy or forward it or use or disclose its contents to any other
person. As Internet communications are capable of data corruption Student
Loans Company Limited does not accept any  responsibility for changes made
to this message after it was sent. For this reason it may be inappropriate
to rely on advice or opinions contained in an e-mail without obtaining
written confirmation of it. Neither Student Loans Company Limited or the
sender accepts any liability or responsibility for viruses as it is your
responsibility to scan attachments (if any). Opinions and views expressed in
this e-mail are those of the sender and may not reflect the opinions and
views of The Student Loans Company Limited.