-----Original Message-----
From: Stefano Bagnara [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 19 August 2005 10:11 AM
To: 'James Users List'
Subject: Re: =12 becomes other character in Outlook Express

> > I guess that's it. I fixed the problem by setting
>
> Yuk, 8bit is nasty some mailservers may break your message.

Correct: Javamail will not automatically convert from 8bit to 7bit when
sending to a server that does not support 8bitmime. Latest james trunk will
correctly receive 8bitmime and convert it to 7bit when needed (I submitted
the RemoteDelivery patch few days ago). You can also look at the
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/trunk/src/java/org/apache/james
/transport/mailets/RemoteDelivery.java sources. (See the convertTo7Bit
method and callee).

Stefano