See chain of notes below from a couple of weeks ago.  I finally got a
response from Register.com, the owner of the MX record that is in question.

Here is their response:

=================================

Thank you for contacting Register.com.

We apologize for any incovnenience this may cause, however the mx records
for the domain names are valid, and do not need to be changed. The check you
are running for the mx record is not required, and works properly with most
email providers. We sincerely apologize that the settings we are using are
causing a problem for the email services you are using, and some mail is
becoming undeliverable however the mx records we use currently are required
in this manner due to the services we provide.

==================================

So register.com says they are right.  You say James is right.  I don't know
enough to know.  All I know is that I have customer using James on my server
that can't get email to a client.

The error I get from DNSReport is:

===================================

FAIL MX A lookups have no CNAMEs WARNING: One or more of your MX records
points to a CNAME. CNAMEs are prohibited in MX records, according to RFC974,
RFC1034 3.6.2, RFC1912 2.4, and RFC2181 10.3. The problem MX record(s) are:
mxmail.register.com.->rcom-outblaze-com.mr.outblaze.com.->205.158.62.229

Seems pretty straightforward that register.com is wrong if the RFCs indeed
say what this report claims.  But I don't have enough background on what is
happening to argue with them.

Would somebody like to draft a reply back to Register.com for me?  If
Register.com is indeed doing this on all of their records as they indicated,
seems to me that more James users than just me would be upset.

Help!

Thanks.