Stefano Bagnara wrote:

<snip/>

Instead, about the use of multihomed ips I don't want to rediscuss a thing that the RFC say has been controversial and does not specify the correct way.

The sentence from the rfc is: "The question of whether a sender should
   attempt retries using the different addresses of a multihomed host
   has been controversial. The main argument for using the multiple
   addresses is that it maximizes the probability of timely delivery,
   and indeed sometimes the probability of any delivery; the counter-
   argument is that it may result in unnecessary resource use"

I just want to know if anyone will put a veto on the the patch attached to this issue: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-358

+1 to apply the patch (config option to deliver to 1 address only)

I'll probably start a real vote soon if I don't understand the response to this.

What I really know is that without that patch one of my production server was not able to deliver my 200K mails per day (200K mails in a single hour, but only once a day), having a lot of non working host. This means that my outgoing was growing to much and to increase the probability of delivery to non working servers I decreased the probability to deliver most of my mail.

Stefano