Hi everybody.

I would like to create a mailing list using James (2.2.0), but it is a bit different for the usual one.

The list will be used to inform the subscribers of some events. People can subscribe and subscribe as they wish but they cannot send emails to the mailing list. On my server I have a process that daily checks a database and send an email to the mailing list if a new event has been added.

So, to summurize:
- people can subscribe and unsubscribe, but they cannot send emails to the mailing list - one one user on my server, e.g. events_manager, can send emails to the mailing list
- ideally that user is not part of the mailing list

This is what I have in my config file

<mailet match="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" class="CommandListservManager">
          <!-- CHECKME! -->
          <!--resources-->

<resources>/usr/james-2.2.0/apps/james/conf/miResources.xml</resources>
          <!-- general information -->
          <listName>events</listName>
          <displayName>Events at [MYDOMAIN]</displayName>
          <listOwner>[EMAIL PROTECTED]</listOwner>
          <repositoryName>list_events</repositoryName>
          <listDomain>[MYDOMAIN]</listDomain>

          <!-- the packages where the commands can be loaded from -->
          <commandpackages>

<commandpackage>org.apache.james.transport.mailets.listservcommands</commandpackage>
          </commandpackages>

          <!-- all the available commands for this command. -->
          <commands>
             <command name="subscribe" class="Subscribe"/>
             <command name="subscribe-confirm" class="SubscribeConfirm"/>
             <command name="unsubscribe" class="UnSubscribe"/>
<command name="unsubscribe-confirm" class="UnSubscribeConfirm"/>
             <command name="error" class="ErrorCommand"/>
             <command name="owner" class="Owner"/>
             <command name="info" class="Info"/>
          </commands>
       </mailet>

       <!-- the processor for this list serv -->
<mailet match="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" class="CommandListservProcessor">
          <membersonly>true</membersonly>
          <attachmentsallowed>false</attachmentsallowed>
          <replytolist>false</replytolist>
          <repositoryName>list_events</repositoryName>
          <subjectprefix>Events</subjectprefix>
          <autobracket>true</autobracket>
          <listOwner>[EMAIL PROTECTED]</listOwner>
          <listName>events</listName>
       </mailet>

With this configuration I have the mailing list working as a normail one, i.e. subscribers and subscribers only can send emails to the mailing list. But it's not what I want. I can live with the fact that the event_manager user receives the emails too, but how can I configure James to that only event_manager can send emails to the mailing list? Is it possible at all?

Thanks
Giulio