Thanks Stefano.

I have tried it but it doesn't work.

spoolmanager-2006-10-29-13-13.log contains

29/10/06 13:13:55 ERROR spoolmanager: Exception in processor <mailingListIncoming> org.apache.mailet.MailetException: Unable to find processor mailingListIncoming requested for processing of Mail1162127634868-0 at org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.process(JamesSpoolManager.java:439) at org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.run(JamesSpoolManager.java:360)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
29/10/06 13:13:55 ERROR spoolmanager: An error occurred processing Mail1162127634868-0 through mailingListIncoming
29/10/06 13:13:55 ERROR spoolmanager: Result was error

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stefano Bagnara" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "James Users List" <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2006 12:43 PM
Subject: Re: Mailing list with James


Giulio Troccoli wrote:
[...]
       <!-- the processor for this list serv -->
<mailet match="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" class="CommandListservProcessor">
          <membersonly>true</membersonly>
          <attachmentsallowed>false</attachmentsallowed>
          <replytolist>false</replytolist>
          <repositoryName>list_events</repositoryName>
          <subjectprefix>Events</subjectprefix>
          <autobracket>true</autobracket>
          <listOwner>[EMAIL PROTECTED]</listOwner>
          <listName>events</listName>
       </mailet>


With this configuration I have the mailing list working as a normail one, i.e. subscribers and subscribers only can send emails to the mailing list. But it's not what I want. I can live with the fact that the event_manager user receives the emails too, but how can I configure James to that only event_manager can send emails to the mailing list? Is it possible at all?

I don't use that mailets, so maybe there is a simpler way, but I would solve this way:

<mailet match="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" class="ToProcessor">
<processor> mailingListIncoming </processor>
</mailet>

<processor name="mailingListIncoming">
<mailet match="RemoteAddrInNetwork=127.0.0.1" class="CommandListservProcessor">
    <membersonly>true</membersonly>
    <attachmentsallowed>false</attachmentsallowed>
    <replytolist>false</replytolist>
    <repositoryName>list_events</repositoryName>
    <subjectprefix>Events</subjectprefix>
    <autobracket>true</autobracket>
    <listOwner>[EMAIL PROTECTED]</listOwner>
    <listName>events</listName>
  </mailet>
  <mailet match="All" class="NotifySender">
    <message> you're not allowed to write to this list </message>
  </mailet>
</processor>

This way only mail generated locally (127.0.0.1) will be accepted.
Otherwise you can change the RemoteAddrInNetwork matcher with something else like SMTPAuthUserIs.

Stefano


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]




---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to