I just followed the direction from the RunAsServer page on the wiki, and had some problems.

I am running on Debian Etch with Sun JRE 6.

When I followed the directions exactly, and started James from the commandline, it seemed to launch, but did not accept any connections. I stopped it, and went to run it using run.sh. This caused a bunch of errors in the Phoenix wrapper. I undid the changes to phoenix.sh, and now it runs as a service from the commandline, but does not start on reboot.

So,
1) presumably te wiki should change to not mention editing the phoenix.sh file 2) what is the best way to run on reboot? My symbolic links are all set up in the /etc/rc0.d/ folder. Where does the log for these failures go?

Simon