Kent,

I'm guessing a lot but If by "trapping these in the repository" you mean
putting them in local mailboxes then I would guess that you could just put
the LocalDelivery or ToRepository (or whatever you are using) mailet before
your custom mailets in the processor part of the config.xml and restart
James.

However, though I'm not sure what your custom mailets do or how your mailet
is failing, since your mailet IS failing I would guess you just want to
comment out the mailet that is failing from the config.xml and restart
James. Then it would continue to process the mails into the repository but
would omit running the failing mailet.

After you fix the problem, redeploy your custom mailet that was failing,
uncomment out the mailet in the config.xml and restart james again.