Hi,

For beta4, the build is already available. You can download it from
http://james.apache.org/download.cgi#Apache_James_Server

If you want to build beta4 from source: svn co [1]; cd
apache-james-3.0-beta4; mvn install
If you want to build beta5-SNAPSHOT from source: svn co [1]; cd app; mvn
install -Pwith-assembly

Which version to use depends on your requirements and how you are ready
to deal with changes...

Thx, Eric

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/tags/apache-james-3.0-beta4/