On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 5:53 AM, Robin Bankhead
<apache.ja...@headbank.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>

> I think it is still a long way from being able to be considered "stable":

Understood. I will defer a deployment until a later date, although
that complicates matters as I will need to migrate mail out of the
James db mail store.

> I don't recall having an issue with sent copies ... although funnily enough
> I think I *have* seen that happen with Tbird and a different server
> (dovecot).

This looks like a general problem with Thunderbird, which I have never
been completely happy with as a mail client.

> With the client apps you mentioned above I wasn't sure if you meant you
> tried these with my patch; if so that's great to hear, as testing different
> clients is something I'll find harder to do a lot of in my context.

Sorry, no. I have been doing some tweaking to the LDAP code using the
beta4 source, I have not even pulled down the trunk code. I will be
happy to test once I have time to pull down the trunk and apply the
patch.

> Any critique or ideas about how to go about stuff is of course very welcome
> too :)

I like the idea of using the system's path separator character. I
would go so far as to say that the Maildir standard, to be inclusive
of Windows, could be stretched to using this character rather than the
literal colon. But hey, that's not my call to make.