Hi All

Apache JAMES: version 3.0-beta4

I'm wanting to require SMTP authentication when a client is attempting to send an email from one account to another that are both hosted by the same mail server (the server the client is connecting to). Not that it should matter but VirtualHosting is enabled. In my case mail between the same and different domains (hosted by the one server) should all require authentication.

Looking at the doco here http://james.apache.org/server/3/config-smtp-lmtp.html

For handler.authRequired, this only requires authentication if "delivering mail to non-local email addresses".

I could resort to using SMTPAuthSuccessful, check the sender and receiver domains and ghost mail. But I was wondering is their a setting I'm over looking?

Reason for requiring authentication is that I don't want someone that knows two email addresses to be able to send mail from one address to the other that appears to have been performed by the legit operator of the sending address.

Thanks
Phillip