Maybe I could help on that one:

The mailet logging had been migrated to a standard SLF4J approach.

Before that, all mailet logs went though a single logger, exposed as
part of the MailetContext object.

Before 3.0.0 release we altered that behavior, and create one logger per
mailet class for bundled mailets.

In the end, this enabled simpler logging filtering - on a per mailet
basis, got rid of the imperfect logging facade exposed in the mailet API
(no placeholder for instance), and also killed some "debug"
configuration parameters.

I believe that your log4j configuration file inherited from beta5 needs
to be revisited to adapt these changes.

Hope it helps.

Benoit