On 9/6/2010 3:24 AM, Tomas Hurka wrote:
Hi,
This is a review request for fix of enhancement CR 6765718. I think that the
fix is relatively straightforward. I added the new static method
dump_heap_from_oome to HeapDumper. The information about OOME is than
propagated to VM_HeapDumper and a new fake frame is added to the stacktrace for
the thread throwing OOME.
Webrev is here:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~thurka/6765718/webrev.01/

Thanks for taking care of this RFE!

src/share/vm/services/heapDumper.cpp

line 1309 - please line up _oome_constructor with the rest since that's
   the style that in use in this part of the file

line 1902 - typo 'out-of-memorry' -> 'out-of-memory'

line 1974 - please add a comment for the oome parameter, e.g.,
           /* pass along out-of-memory-error flag */

src/share/vm/services/heapDumper.hpp
   Any particular reason for changing the one HeapDumper ctr from
   public to private? Just curious...

src/share/vm/utilities/debug.cpp
   No comments.

Please send this changeset to RT_Baseline through JPRT when you're
ready. Let me know if you need me to take care of the JPRT part.

Again, thanks for taking care of this RFE!

Dan

Thanks in advance for the review,
--
Tomas Hurka   <mailto:tomas.hu...@sun.com>