Kelly,

Thanks for the review. Replies embedded below.

On 8/15/12 11:28 PM, Kelly Ohair wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 15, 2012, at 19:39, Dmitry Samersoff<dmitry.samers...@oracle.com>  wrote:

Dan,

VerifyLocalVariableTableOnRetransformTest.sh

1.

if [ "${TESTJAVA}" = "" ]

Some shells doesn't handle it correctly.
It's more safe to do

if [ "x${TESTJAVA}" = "x" ]

(the same is for other conditions below)

i myself find the x trick ugly

i have not had a need to do the x trick for 10 years

what sh or bash shell that we use has this problem still??????

Dmitry and I hashed this one out. He is OK with what I have.

2.

ll. 69

it's better to add quotes around 0 or
use -eq instead of =
yup i agree there

This is what I wrote to Dmitry:

This is also a pretty common idiom:

    if [ "$result" = 0 ]; then

and I find a bunch of uses of it in existing JLI tests.
I can't find any use of '-eq' at all in the JLI tests.
In the JDI tests, I find both '-eq' and the above both
with and without quotes, but mostly the later.

I'm planning to keep this one as is, if that's OK
with you.

He is OK with what I have.

Again, thanks for the review! Please let me know
if you are OK with the above resolutions.

Dan

besides that looks good for me.

-Dmitry