On Apr 2, 2013, at 2:09 PM, Coleen Phillimore <coleen.phillim...@oracle.com>
wrote:

>> Also, the decision how to represent the MNT depends on its future usage by
>> the compiler team.
>> As we agreed, the compiler team is going to adjust the MNT to their needs
>> at some point when it is more convenient for them.
>> So that, could we make a final decision when the whole picture is ready?
>> It would be better to approach it in some steps.
>> Currently, this bug blocks other work on the JVMTI support of jsr-292.
>
> I don't know what the jsr 292 team has in store for this field but it's still
> a footprint cost that's for only a special case.  So this is okay if you file
> a bug so that we can remove it and reimplement this table to be global or a
> hashtable.

FTR, I would prefer to reimplement it as an optional attribute of
java.lang.Class, so that JDK code can access it.  This will cut down on the
number of native-to-Java transitions (JNI calls).  By "optional attribute" I
mean something like ReflectionData, or even a field of ReflectionData itself.

— John