Hi all,

I posted this message a few days ago in the discuss mailing list. This one
seems way more accurate though, so i am posting it again.

Following his blog post (
http://jeremymanson.blogspot.fr/2013/07/lightweight-asynchronous-sampling.html),
I have been trying to use the code Jeremy Manson proposes to use the
AsyncGetCallTrace function.
Although it works smoothly on small examples, I see some impossible
stacktraces on real world projects, with complex interface structures. I
have posted a bug report that reproduces it and gives more details here :
https://code.google.com/p/lightweight-java-profiler/issues/detail?id=1

I am trying to estimate if those stacktraces are sparse (seems to be so),
and so if a profiler that uses this feature will be reliable.

Any known bugs / limitations of the AsyncGetCallTrace function?
This function being undocumented, in what extent does it stays up to date?

Thanks for your answers

Alex