Jaroslav,

> Can you elaborate why checking for the current user being able to read
> the actual library file might be wrong?

It's not applicable to this particular testcase (so I'd marked it as a
nit) but a generic security rule is to always check that we deal with a
regular file.

Try to link any block device to libjvm.so and see what happens.

-Dmitry

--
Dmitry Samersoff
Oracle Java development team, Saint Petersburg, Russia