Hi Jeremy,

On 9/05/2014 4:56 AM, Jeremy Manson wrote:
I'm testing out my newly acquired OpenJDK authorship with something
simple.  If I did this wrong, I apologize.

Basically, the debugger becomes very slow if there are a lot of methods
in a class.  This can happen (O(thousands)) if you are using a code
generation tool.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jmanson/8042778/webrev.00/

I find it counter-intuitive that this makes things faster:

- list.retainAll(map.values());
+ list.retainAll(new HashSet<Method>(map.values()));

Can you explain why introducing the intermediate HashSet improves things? A comment in the code would also be good.

Reviews from reviewers and committing from committers would be
appreciated.  Thanks!

Jeremy