On 7/3/14, 2:38 PM, Markus Grönlund wrote:
Hi Coleen,

Thanks for taking a look. What about this?

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mgronlun/8039905/webrev03/

If you are ok i will push this suggestion.

Yes, I think this looks good.   Ship it!

Thanks!
Coleen

/Markus

-----Original Message-----
From: Coleen Phillimore
Sent: den 3 juli 2014 19:33
To: hotspot-runtime-...@openjdk.java.net
Subject: Re: RFR(M): 8039905: heapdump/OnOOMToFile and heapdump/OnOOMToPath fail with
"assert(fr().interpreter_frame_expression_stack_size() >= length) failed: error in
expression stack!"

Hi Markus,

I generally agree with Serguei about adding a conditional to have one function
do two different things, but in this case the less duplication
with the size calculations overrides this concern.   I think your
refactoring improves this.  I have two requests though. Can you make

   350 StackValueCollection* interpretedVFrame::stack_data(bool expressions /*
false */) const {

The boolean not be a default parameter.   Another request that I
normally make is that the bool be some sort of enum but since this isn't
widespread, I think this would be overkill.

The second is can you make this parameter not be a non-const reference.

   289 static void stack_locals(const InterpreterOopMap& oop_mask,
   290                          const frame& fr,
   291                          int length,
   292                          int max_locals,
   293                          StackValueCollection& result) {
also in stack_expressions().

You can't tell which parameter is being modified.   You can't tell
anyway but passing *result in the caller looks weird.   Maybe making
result the first parameter would also help show that that's what's being
modified.

These are minor style comments.  I've verified the content makes sense.
Please check in if no further discussion is needed.  Thank you for fixing this!
 The gatekeepers will thank you too.

Thanks,
Coleen