On 9/16/14 1:24 PM, shanliang wrote:
Daniel Fuchs wrote:
Hi Shanliang,

line 116 - you could use a CountDownLatch instead of an
AtomicInteger. It would avoid having to use the busy loop at
lines 134-136.
Yes CountDownLatch is really a good idea, I tried to modify the code as
less as possible, I prefer to keep the old code this time, another
reason is that we still need to do same thing at line 103.

I also wonder whether you could increase the sleep timeout
at line 107 - to make that loop a bit less buzy.
Unless that would alter the test too much and make the
deadlock less probable?
Line 95: monitorProxy.setGranularityPeriod(10L); // 10 ms
So waiting 10ms seems reasonable.

Otherwise the changes look reasonable.

Have you tried reproducing the failure (before fixing) on your
own machine using the same config than what was reported to
fail? (fastdebug build with all the -server + -XX etc options?)
I reproduced the bug only by reducing the waiting time.

Well - if your changes fix it - then push it :-)

-- daniel

Thanks Daniel!
Shanliang

best regards,