Daniel,

The test does 2 steps of verifications, the new check is useful for the first step, and the trace in the bug showed that the test failed on the first step.

Yes the check might not work for the second step, I added the new code for the second step to check the tested thread state and hope to have useful info if the test failed on the second step.

Here is the new version:
   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sjiang/JDK-8050115/02/

Thanks,
Shanliang