Thanks for the suggestion. Your suggestion is a better way to check if the user is root. But if we only use that check, then we do not verify that the file is really unreadable.

I do not know if there are any other conditions, besides running as root, that can fail to make a file unreadable. I think it feels safer to really try to read the unreadable file. Then we will get the error message.

I could add a log that says the error message is expected.
And I can change the second "grep" to your suggestion.

Mattias