On 4.1.2016 12:09, Alan Bateman wrote:

On 04/01/2016 10:20, Jaroslav Bachorik wrote:
Please, review the following simple change

Issue : https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8143047
Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jbachorik/8143047/webrev.00

The patch removes the special path taken when jmxrmi.jar is present on
the bootclasspath. There are two reasons for this cleanup:
1. Bootclasspath will not be available (or meaningful) in Jigsaw
2. We haven't been testing with an external jmxrmi.jar for ages -
since JMX was included into JDK in JDK 5.

The modified test is still passing.
Does the @summary line need to be updated to drop the mention of "when
JMX is bundled"? Otherwise looks okay to me.

Not sure. With this change in place the test will not even try to detect the situation when JMX is not bundled with JDK.

There is another test (jdk/test/javax/management/remote/mandatory/version/ImplVersionTest.java) with the same wording in the summary but not even trying to detest the standalone jmxrmi.jar.

If you insist on changing the wording I would prefer changing both of these tests in one go, perhaps as a separate CR?

-JB-

-Alan