On 2016-02-23 01:09, serguei.spit...@oracle.com wrote:
On 2/22/16 15:44, Daniel D. Daugherty wrote:
On 2/22/16 1:28 PM, Coleen Phillimore wrote:

This fix looks good. The test looks like it uses some framework I don't know, in a directory that I don't usually run tests in.

We have some redefinition tests in hotspot/test/runtime/RedefineTests - can you write one with source code there instead?

The redefine tests in the runtime directory are in the wrong place.

JVM/TI RedefineClasses() is a debugging API and jdk/test/com/sun/jdi
is the usual place for JDI tests that exercise RedefineClasses(). If
the test is using the Java entry points (JLI/JPLIS), then those tests
belong in jdk/test/java/lang/instrument. Of course, if the test needs
to use to JDWP entry point for JVM/TI RedefineClasses(), then those
tests live in yet another location.

Andreas,

I'm not sure what tests did you run.
It'd be nice to run both the com/sun/jdi and java/lang/instrument tests
to make sure there are no regressions with your fix.

Hi,

I ran the jdk_jdi group (com/sun/jdi) and the hotspot_runtime group. I'll run the java/lang/instrument as well.

- Andreas

Thanks,
Serguei

Dan

I linked an old bug to this, can you see if they are the same?

Thanks,
Coleen