How about POST payloads? Since they are so similar already, it would be a
huge advantage if they could be made interchangeable.

For instance I have done some work on hawt.io plugins. A typical scenario
for a plugin is to set up one or more chained requests for read/write/exec
on an MBean, and have a callback process the response. If the payloads were
compatible, the road to support this new backend might not be too
difficult. That would give this new initiative a real boost over
traditional JMX connections.
Otherwise one would have to impose an additional layer of complexity to
bridge the difference.

I suppose you know these tools very well already. There is by the way a
presentation on JMX, Jolokia and hawt.io at JavaZone in a weeks time, and
the recording is usually made available just a few hours later:
https://2017.javazone.no/program/bbe08ad550174e16abd954733e018590

Best regards

Martin

ons. 6. sep. 2017 kl. 08:47 skrev Harsha Wardhana B <