On 2018-05-31 20:09, mandy chung wrote:

Hi Mandy,

On 2018-05-31 18:19, mandy chung wrote:
Hi Stefan,

This change looks okay.  Can you add a comment to describe the expected memory pools for ZGC so that it explains why the min number of heap memory pools is 1.

I think this test and possibly other memory pool tests should be re-examined and determine what proper verification should be done, for example, expected heap memory pools for a specific GC.  It may be worth to file a RFE to follow up.

What if I change the code like this:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~stefank/8204173/webrev.02/

and then later add a new MemoryTestZGC.sh test, that calls MemoryTest 1 1 and explains that ZGC has one memory manager and one heap memory pool
HotSpot nightly testing used to rotate among different GC configuration. MemoryTest.java would still fail if the test is running with ZGC when the VM option is specified via jtreg -vmoption configured for automated testing.  Do you need to concern that case?  If so, this version won't work.

Right. The ZGC patch has a @requires vm.gc != "Z" row in MemoryTest.java. MemoryTestAllGC.sh is already filtered with @requires vm.gc=="Parallel" | vm.gc=="null".

It's okay with me to follow up this in a separate issue.  Maybe we have to dynamically set up the expected values if there is a way to determine which collector is running.

OK.

Thanks,
StefanK

Mandy