From: serviceability-dev <serviceability-dev-boun...@openjdk.java.net> on
behalf of Simon Roberts <si...@dancingcloudservices.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2018 18:10
To: roger.ri...@oracle.com
Cc: serviceability-dev@openjdk.java.net
Subject: Re: Proposal: Always-on Statistical History

I don't begin to claim to know the politics, legalities, boundaries of JFR
license conditionsm and so forth" but:

Java Flight Recorder requires a commercial license for use in production."

Whereas, this as I understand is the *open* jdk list. So, I for one would feel
hard done by if your view prevailed and only the paying clients got access to a
valuable feature.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 9:40 AM Roger Riggs