Hi Gary,

Thank you for reviewing this.  I added a diagnostic that dumped this unexpected
event and printed the thread name that caused it.

Best regards,
Daniil

On 5/2/19, 10:08 AM, "Gary Adams" <gary.ad...@oracle.com> wrote:

    Looks good to me.

    BTW, how did you track down this failure.
    Did you use some tracing option,
    or did you add a diagnostic to dump the
    stray event?

    On 5/2/19, 12:48 PM, Daniil Titov wrote:
    > Hi Gary,
    >
    > Please review a new version of the webrev that adds the comment you
mentioned.

    > Regarding the reusable filters I think it makes sense to create them when
we will find that they could be reused more than in one place and this test is
a quite specific, it creates ThreadStartRequest and enables it before
restricting it to the test thread only (by calling addThreadFilter()) since it
is exactly what the test checks (that calling addThreadFilter() on enabled
thread start request throws InvalidRequestStateException.

    > Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dtitov/8222667/webrev.02
    >
    > Thanks!
    > --Danill
    >
    > On 5/2/19, 4:56 AM, "Gary Adams"<gary.ad...@oracle.com>  wrote:
    >
    >      It would be good to include a comment that the thread start is being
    >      allowed because of graal.
    >
    >      Now that we have a series of graal specific alterations in the tests,
    >      it might be useful to provide some reusable filters. $.02
    >
    >      On 5/1/19, 9:07 PM, Daniil Titov wrote:
    >      >  Please review the change that fixes the test that intermittently
fails with Graal on.
    >      >
    >      >  The test tests  addThreadFilter() method for
com.sun.jdi.ThreadStartRequest class. It starts a debuggee, creates
ThreadStartRequest, enables it, and calls addThreadFilter(). The test also uses
breakpoints to synchronize with the debuggee,  but the problem here is that
while waiting for a breakpoint event, occasionally, when Graal is on, the event
the test receives is a ThreadStartEvent for " HotSpotGraalManagement Bean
Registration" thread, rather than a breakpoint event. The test doesn't expect
it and fails.
    >      >
    >      >  The fix takes this into account and makes the test keep waiting
for a breakpoint event instead of failing.