Ping...

From: Langer, Christoph
Sent: Dienstag, 23. Juli 2019 07:58
To: jdk-updates-...@openjdk.java.net
Cc: OpenJDK Serviceability <serviceability-dev@openjdk.java.net>
Subject: [11u] 8205654: serviceability/dcmd/framework/HelpTest.java timed out

Hi,

please review the backport of "8205654:
serviceability/dcmd/framework/HelpTest.java timed out" to OpenJDK 11u. We're
seeing the mentioned test issue intermittently in our nightlies.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~clanger/webrevs/8205654.11u-dev.0/

Original Change: http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/rev/67537bbafd7f

Original review discussion:
https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/serviceability-dev/2019-February/026883.html

The change improves the way how jcmd explores running Java processes on Linux.
It'll then try to use the proc file system first to get the necessary
information before trying to attach via the attach framework.

The original patch needs 2 modifications:

1. In src/jdk.jcmd/share/classes/sun/tools/common/ProcessArgumentMatcher.java I
had to add the fix of JDK-8218705. The bug is not visible unfortunately but it
seems something was forgot in the original commit. The change for JDK-8218705
is: http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/rev/50c1b0a0f1e8

2. In test/lib/jdk/test/lib/util/JarUtils.java I had to take over some upstream
coding from jdk/jdk to provide the JarUtils support that is needed by the new
testcase "TestProcessHelper".

Thanks

Christoph