Hi Christoph,

There were several issues that the original change introduced.  These issues
were
 solved in [1] and [2]  and they need to be included in the backport.

[1]:  JDK-8225543 - https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8225543
[2]:  JDK-8221730 - https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8221730

Thanks,
Daniil

On 7/31/19, 9:41 AM, "serguei.spit...@oracle.com" <serguei.spit...@oracle.com>
wrote:

    On 7/23/19 07:58, Langer, Christoph wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > please review the backport of "8205654:
serviceability/dcmd/framework/HelpTest.java timed out" to OpenJDK 11u. We're
seeing the mentioned test issue intermittently in our nightlies.

https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/serviceability-dev/2019-February/026883.html

    > The change improves the way how jcmd explores running Java processes on
Linux. It'll then try to use the proc file system first to get the necessary
information before trying to attach via the attach framework.

    > The original patch needs 2 modifications:
    > 1. In
src/jdk.jcmd/share/classes/sun/tools/common/ProcessArgumentMatcher.java I had
to add the fix of JDK-8218705. The bug is not visible unfortunately but it
seems something was forgot in the original commit. The change for JDK-8218705
is: http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/rev/50c1b0a0f1e8
    > 2. In test/lib/jdk/test/lib/util/JarUtils.java I had to take over some
upstream coding from jdk/jdk to provide the JarUtils support that is needed by
the new testcase "TestProcessHelper".