Hi Claes,

Adding serviceability as they are the consumers of this IIUC.

On 27/03/2020 3:40 am, Claes Redestad wrote:
Hi,

PerfTraceTime::_recursion_counter is unused, and removing it
gets rid of some branchy (but well-predicted) code in paths that is
somewhat startup sensitive.

Okay.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~redestad/8241585/open.00/

Also added some trace logging to determine the number of perf
data counter or each type along with a tune-up to exactly match
the defaults.

Okay so can you change the bug synopsis and description to cover this more general cleanup and tuneup please.

I'm never very clear on the uses of these PerfCounters. It seems SUN_NS is unused after this change. The references to jvmstat seem no longer correct - these are read via jstat ?

Testing: tier1+2

I think serviceability testing is mainly in tier3.

-----

Thanks!

/Claes