On 2020-03-27 00:36, David Holmes wrote:

Okay so can you change the bug synopsis and description to cover this more general cleanup and tuneup please.

I filed an addendum RFE and will add this RFE bug id to the single
changeset push:

I'm never very clear on the uses of these PerfCounters. It seems SUN_NS is unused after this change. The references to jvmstat seem no longer correct - these are read via jstat ?

The general confusion about PerfData/-Counters and what they're for is
why I'm trying to untangle this. Generally I think we should pull the
plug on it, but the perfdata shared file is tangled up with
functionality to detect running JVMs used by jcmd etc, so it might
take a few iterations to get there.

/Claes