Looks good to me.

-Sundar

On 27/05/20 5:01 am, Chris Plummer wrote:
Hello,

Please review the following changes to fully remove javascript support from SA. It's been non-functional since JDK 9 and there are no plans to support it anymore.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~cjplummer/8244668/webrev.00/index.html

If anyone thinks a CSR is needed for this, please let me know. There's no spec involved. The support was always pretty ad hoc, with some supporting documentation in the source tree in jsdb.html [1], but which doesn't appear itself to have ever been released.

There was one menu item in the hsdb GUI that used javascript (and as a result caused an exception). I was having a little trouble deciphering what it actually does, but it appears to allow you to write some javascript to produce (and filter) a list of objects, and then display the list of objects in a window where you could inspect them further. Since there is no way to do something similar in java without allowing the user to provide hsdb extensions in the form of .class files (or support writing and compiling java classes from within hsdb), I just removed the hsdb feature by removing the menu item and supporting code.

thanks,

Chris

[1] https://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/raw-file/a7e42c260029/src/jdk.hotspot.agent/doc/jsdb.html