Hi Alex,

as far as I can see, the caller just rethrows IOException as RuntimeException,
so I don't think throwing IndexOutOfBoundsException would be much different,
albeit it will be a bit more cryptic. yet given the content of
/proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope and /sys/fs/selinux/booleans/deny_ptrace is
part of linux kernel contract, I doubt we will encounter IIOOBE in any
reasonable setups. however, if you want I can check the length of bb arrays at
L#171 and L#190 and throw an Error w/ message suggesting that something went
completely wrong.

-- Igor