Hi Igor,

LGTM.

--alex

On 06/10/2020 12:29, Igor Ignatyev wrote:
Hi Alex,

sure, here is the incremental diff, so now Error is thrown if bb arrays are
empty -- http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8183040/webrev.0-1

Thanks,
-- Igor

On Jun 10, 2020, at 12:20 PM, Alex Menkov <alexey.men...@oracle.com> wrote:

Hi Igor,

On 06/09/2020 20:11, Igor Ignatyev wrote:
Hi Alex,
as far as I can see, the caller just rethrows IOException as RuntimeException,
so I don't think throwing IndexOutOfBoundsException would be much different,
albeit it will be a bit more cryptic. yet given the content of
/proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope and /sys/fs/selinux/booleans/deny_ptrace is
part of linux kernel contract, I doubt we will encounter IIOOBE in any
reasonable setups. however, if you want I can check the length of bb arrays at
L#171 and L#190 and throw an Error w/ message suggesting that something went
completely wrong.

Yes, the test still fails in the case, but if I see IndexOutOfBoundsException
(or something similar) as a test failure reason, my first thought that this is
the test issue.
Could you please add the checks.

--alex

-- Igor