On 2021-01-26 04:44, Magnus Ihse Bursie wrote:
On 2021-01-26 13:09, Vladimir Kempik wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 12:02:02 GMT, Alan Hayward <github.com+4146708+a7...@openjdk.org> wrote:

AIUI, the configure line needs passing a prebuilt JavaNativeFoundation framework
ie:
`--with-extra-ldflags='-F /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/SharedFrameworks/ContentDeliveryServices.framework/Versions/A/itms/java/Frameworks/'`

Otherwise there will be missing _JNFNative* functions.

Is this the long term plan? Or will eventually the required code be moved into JDK and/or the xcode one automatically get picked up by the configure scripts?
There is ongoing work by P. Race to eliminate dependence on JNF at all
How far has that work come? Otherwise the logic should be added to configure to look for this framework automatically, and provide a way to override it/set it if not found.

I don't think it's OK to publish a new port that cannot build out-of-the-box without hacks like this.

My understanding is that Apple chose to not provide JNF for aarch64, so if you want to build OpenJDK, you first need to build JNF yourself (it's available in github). Phil is working on removing this dependency completely, which will solve this issue [1].

In the meantime, I don't think we should rely on finding JNF in unsupported locations inside Xcode. Could we wait with integrating this port until it can be built without such hacks? If not, then adding something in the documentation on how to get a working JNF would at least be needed.

/Erik