On Tue, 24 May 2022 19:36:02 GMT, Chris Plummer <cjplum...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> I don't think it is correct to say that this command line option is a
>> preview feature. Maybe it can be clarified on a second line:
>>

>> -trackvthreads    track virtual threads as they are created
>>                              Virtual threads are a preview feature of the
>> Java platform.
>
> Does that imply that `-trackvthreads` can be changed or removed?

If virtual threads become permanent then the usage message would minimally be
updated to drop the sentence that virtual threads are a preview feature. At
that point the debugger APIs may have been built out further and it might be
that there is no need for the -trackvthreads option but that's too far out to
know at this point.

If virtual threads were to be removed then the -trackvthreads command line
option would be removed too.