On Mon, 11 Jul 2022 14:58:07 GMT, Axel Boldt-Christmas <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Currently the `RegisterMap` constructor uses implicit boolean arguments to
> configure its function. Implicit boolean arguments makes code harder to
> understand and reason about at the call site. Using explicit scoped enums
> instead makes it both clear what is being configured and the type safety
> makes mistakes less likely.
>
> Update `RegisterMap` constructors to use these scoped enum types instead of
> booleans.
> ```C++
> enum class UpdateMap { skip, yes };
> enum class ProcessFrames { skip, yes };
> enum class WalkContinuation { skip, yes };
>

> Testing: tier1-3

Feel free to ignore my comment, seems good otherwise.

src/hotspot/share/runtime/registerMap.hpp line 75:

> 73:   enum class UpdateMap { skip, yes };
> 74:   enum class ProcessFrames { skip, yes };
> 75:   enum class WalkContinuation   { skip, yes };

Instead of `yes` I would recommend using like `include` (or `add') as `yes`
seems relatively unspecific compared to `skip`.

Marked as reviewed by tschatzl (Reviewer).

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/9455