On Tue, 20 Sep 2022 21:41:31 GMT, Chris Plummer <[email protected]> wrote:

> > Testcase from test 
> > test/hotspot/jtreg/vmTestbase/nsk/jdi/ThreadReference/interrupt/interrupt001.java
> >  was removed because only one environment can suspend threads so debugger 
> > is not compatible with JVM TI agent suspending test.
> 
> As far as I know, this is the only test we have for 
> ThreadReference.interrupt(). Also see 
> [JDK-8282384](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8282384), which points out 
> that we have no test for ThreadReference.interrupt() of a virtual thread, and 
> suggests modifying this test to support virtual threads. I actually attempted 
> to do this, but ran into an issue because Thread.resume() is not supported 
> for virtual threads, but seems your changes get rid of resume() so it 
> shouldn't be an issue anymore.
> 
> I think losing this test case means we no longer test interrupt when 
> suspended. Maybe we need to have the debugger side initiate the suspending.

Let me file another bug for this. Just don't block Alan's fix 
https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/10324

-------------

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/10351

Reply via email to