On Fri, 18 Nov 2022 02:23:54 GMT, David Holmes <dhol...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Okay. I have some reservations about this style of approach but the
> precedents are there. I'd argue that for single-use situations like this and
> os::map_stack_shadow_pages that a XXX_ONLY(foo();) in the shared code would
> be acceptable. Others may disagree.

Thanks David. I myself lean towards ifdefs too than having to search for the
one platform implementation that actually does something. But I caught flak in
the past for too many ifdefs. If it annoys us after
[JDK-8293114](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8293114) and no second
platform implementation is forthcoming, I'll remove the APIs from shared os.

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/11089