On 17/03/2023 14:11, Thomas Stüfe wrote:
:

Investigation shows that there seems to be a bug in attachListener.cpp where we compare AttachOperation::name for "load", but it contains "jcmd":

When using the Attach API, the VirtualMachine.loadAgentXXX methods map to a "load" command. The Attach API, jstack, jmap ... pre-date the jcmd tool and have their own set of commands known to both the tool/client side and the VM side.  The "jcmd" command, used by the jcmd tool, works a bit like a HTTP upgrade. So different path, and you are right, jcmd JVMTI.agent_load was missed when EnableDynamicAgentLoading was added in JDK 9. I've created JDK-8304438 to track it.

-Alan