On Mon, 24 Apr 2023 20:26:31 GMT, Chris Plummer <cjplum...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> The scenario that I'm wondering about is where a virtual thread is resumed
>> at around the same time that JVMTI StopThread is called. Not easy to test.
>
> Seems we should have a stress test for that.

> The scenario that I'm wondering about is where a virtual thread is resumed
> at around the same time that JVMTI StopThread is called.

This kind of scenario is not typical.
The debugger should keep virtual thread suspended when making a call to JVMTI
StopThread.
Normally, this kind of race should never happen with the JDWP agent.
Chris, why do you think it is important to have a stress test for this?
Also, do you have any testing scenario in mind?

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/13546#discussion_r1175944953