On Fri, 26 May 2023 08:31:46 GMT, JoKern65 <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> When using the new xlc17 compiler (based on a recent clang) to build OpenJDk
>> on AIX , we run into various "warnings as errors".
>> Some of those are in shared codebase and could be addressed by small
>> adjustments.
>> A lot of those changes are in hotspot, some might be somewhere else in the
>> OpenJDK C/C++ code.
>
> JoKern65 has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   forgotton _

Hi,

As this PR is big and spans several components I split
off the java.base, java.desktop and the sercivability/security
issues  into extra JBS issues.
https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8309219 Fix xlc17 clang 1.5 warnings in
java.base
https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8309224 Fix xlc17 clang 1.5 warnings in
java.desktop
https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8309225 Fix xlc17 clang 1.5 warnings in
security and servicability
I’ll move the changes from this pull request into new pull requests.
I will incorporate the requested changes right in the new PRs.
I will reuse this issue 8308388 for the hotspot changes but come up
with a new, smaller PR.
@colleenp, I will move alloca.h to the globalDefinitions_xlc.hpp.
@prrace, I will come up with an identical PR for the client
files (java.desktop), but improve the comment as @kimbarrett proposed
@mbaesken, I will use AIX and take up some of the other fixes you proposed.

I guess we need to find a way to fix the issue with the malloc
in globalDefinitions_xlc.hpp in the upcoming PR for hotspot.

Thanks for your help so far!

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14146#issuecomment-1572023812
PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14146#issuecomment-1572024628