On Wed, 7 Jun 2023 11:48:19 GMT, Serguei Spitsyn <sspit...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> When a virtual thread is mounted, the carrier thread should be reported as
>> "waiting" until the virtual thread unmounts. Right now, GetThreadState
>> reports a state based the JavaThread status when it should return
>> JVMTI_THREAD_STATE_WAITING | JVMTI_THREAD_STATE_WAITING_INDEFINITELY.
>> The fix adds:
>>  - a special case for passive carrier threads
>>  - necessary test coverage to the existing JVMTI test:
>> `serviceability/jvmti/vthread/ThreadStateTest`.
>>
>> Testing:
>>    - tested with the updated test:
>> `serviceability/jvmti/vthread/ThreadStateTest`
>>    - submitted mach5 tiers 1-5
>>    - TBD: to submit mach5 tier 6
>
> Serguei Spitsyn has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>
>   review: one function renaming

Looks like this PR has caused regression failures in Tier1. We have between
2 and 5 failures per Tier1. See:

[JDK-8309612](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8309612)
serviceability/jvmti/vthread/SuspendResume1/SuspendResume1.java#default fails
after JDK-8307153

Because this failure is happening in Tier1, combined with the fact that we get
much more JVM/TI
testing in the upper Tiers, and tomorrow is the code-fork I'm proceeding with a
[BACKOUT] and
am testing that [BACKOUT] with an urgent Tier1 right now.

See:
[JDK-8309614](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8309614) [BACKOUT]
JDK-8307153 JVMTI GetThreadState on carrier should return STATE_WAITING

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14298#issuecomment-1580968712