On Wed, 14 Jun 2023 04:53:58 GMT, David Holmes <dhol...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> The following changes, to javac.1, were never applied to the closed sources
> and are "lost" by this update. These changes will need to be re-applied
> directly in JDK 21 and JDK 22

Just curious, since you have access to the secret closed sources, can you not
backport these changes yourself? Instead of just deleting them and expecting
someone else to rescue them from oblivion?

To be clear, I'm not blaming you for this situation - the problem is that there
exist "closed sources" at all (why??) - but that doesn't seem like a good
excuse for deleting work without a clear path to ensuring it is preserved (and
the simplest way to do that is to do it yourself). Obviously I'd do it myself
if I could.

Thanks.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14462#issuecomment-1591849483