On Mon, 26 Jun 2023 13:17:25 GMT, Doug Simon <dnsi...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> The VMSupport class is required for translating an exception between the
>> HotSpot and libgraal heaps.
>> being translated.
>> To avoid this, VMSupport is loaded eagerly along with the other vmClasses.
>
> Doug Simon has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   each exception translation failure should trigger a JVMCI event

I've pushed the loading of `VMSupport` down into the 2 cases where it's
actually needed and made it lazy again which should address all concerns about
extra noise at VM startup. Thanks for the push back on this - I agree that it's
the best solution.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14641#issuecomment-1610243648