On Fri, 30 Jun 2023 02:11:11 GMT, David Holmes <dhol...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> I had to change these two lines because BytecodeStream::get_index_u2 returns
>> an int, so got the warning and this didn't need to be declared with u2.
>> get_index_u2() could be fixed to return a u2 but I didn't want to go that
>> far as no casts were involved in this change.
>
> I think this change looks "wrong" - the indices are supposed to be u2's, if
> the function returns an int that seems an error.

Fixing these functions will have fallout further down in the code, so I didn't
want to do this.  These functions are used in a lot of places in the code where
int is used for convenience.  int is a convenient type.  This didn't require a
cast because the function klass_at_noresolve()'s parameter is an int.  This
isn't wrong.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14710#discussion_r1247802199