> 8315770: serviceability/sa/TestJmapCoreMetaspace.java should run with
> -XX:-VerifyDependencies
>
> serviceability/sa/TestJmapCoreMetaspace.java runs in hotspot:tier2, and takes
> about 330 seconds out of 670 seconds of the entire run on x86_64 fastdebug.
> The tier2 completion usually waits on it. Profiling shows we are spending
> time during classloading, checking dependencies. Since we load lots of
> classes, we do it many times, and each time the cost grows linearly to the
> number of classes. Some other tests that target metaspace explicitly disable
> `VerifyDependencies` to avoid this.
>
> The commit includes adding "-XX:-VerifyDependencies" along with
> "-XX:+IgnoreUnrecognizedVMOptions" in TestJmapCore.java to make sure that
> release builds work with the test, as VerifyDependencies is a develop option
> and not available in release builds. The changes in the commit are resulting
> in considerable improvement for the test in fastdebug mode as can be seen
> below:
>
> * before: **130.41s user 14.11s system 118% cpu 2:01.85 total**
> * after: **27.52s user 13.64s system 213% cpu 19.249 total**

Soumadipta Roy has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
commit since the last revision:

  Replace IgnoreUnrecognizedVMOptions with Platform.isDebugBuild() and add
comment about the change forbetter readability.

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15631/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15631/files/a3aec144..7b6af094

Webrevs: