On Thu, 21 Dec 2023 11:54:17 GMT, Martin Doerr <mdo...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Dynamic allocation also opens us up to potential initialization issues,
>> unless we explicitly use raw ::malloc. It should work, but I think its
>> better avoided unless we really need it.
>
> Well we're fixing an academic issue by introducing another one? Doesn't make
> sense to me.

Okay, I butt out, I don't care enough. Up to you both to decide what to do.

My recommendation would still be to avoid hotspot infrastructure that relies on
os::malloc and friends; other than that, rewriting this table to make it
growable using realloc should be trivial. Note that we need *some* sort of
limit though.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16920#discussion_r1433996779