On Fri, 26 Jan 2024 14:52:49 GMT, Jaikiran Pai <j...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Can I please get a review of this change which proposes to address
> https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8324668?
>
> This change proposes to fix the issue in jdwp where when launching a child
> process (for the `launch=<cmd>` option), it iterates over an extremely large
> number of file descriptors to close each one of those. Details about the
> issue and the proposed fixed are added in a subsequent comment in this PR
> https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/17588#issuecomment-1912256075. tier1,
> tier2 and tier3 testing is currently in progress with this change.

Hello Roger,

> The PR description appears in _every_ email sent for the PR. For PRs with
> extensive descriptions, perhaps they can be included as a separate comment.

I had forgotten this. I've updated the description to be much shorter now and
added a separate comment for the details.

The failures in Github actions jobs are related to this change:

/home/runner/work/jdk/jdk/src/jdk.jdwp.agent/unix/native/libjdwp/exec_md.c:129:15:

error: unknown type name 'rlim_t'

I will address them soon.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17588#issuecomment-1912262794
PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17588#issuecomment-1912266391